Tuesday, 20 June 2017

Remember....

 Hello friends

Hope you are all good!
Wow its been a hot few days here in the U.K.
I hope you are enjoying the weather too, wherever you may be!

Today I want to share with you my latest make....
Sometimes it can take me forever to find the right photo for a project, 
but today while I was moving some of my lovely junk around, this photo fell out and I found it on the floor....so I decided to use it and to try and bring the lovely lady back to life...
The gesso has been painted on a journal page, I tore lots of text from an old book and stuck it down....more gesso, paint and crackle paint were added.... 
I added some vintage lace from my collection and added some chit chat words (Tim Holtz) 
The frame (Idea-ology) was painted with gesso then distress paint.
I love to collet things, so while out walking the dog I collected some twigs and moss and added some to the base of the frame.
I always like to add a vintage key, this one fitted perfectly!
To finish I layered the journal page onto some waxed paper, black card and then added some stitching

I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed creating it....
As always feel free to leave a comment, I appreciate you stopping by!

Have a great week 
Kaz
x

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kaz, adore the backdrop and the layers. Beautiful photo too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such an awesome gift...you always add an extra "something", to your projects. Not necessarily something "big" and sometimes, one might not even be able to "put their finger on it", but there's always something that makes me stop...and I just have to say, "Wow!". πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaz this is glorious. NOT enjoying the heat at all here, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's soooo beautiful! And very inspiring! Congratulations, really! Love the moss!! I was wondering how you​ faked it, but happy to read it was real. Little things like that just make the difference. Thanks for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW , this is awesome; loving that lace :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. J'adore !! Always so vintage, love this !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love the gorgeous lace, the beautifully stitched and aged background... and the photograph is so, so lovely Kaz - a beautiful piece of art! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous photo to just drop to the floor and I adore how you have used it in your fabulous design. Just loving the lace and crackle look Kaz, brilliant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you create such beauty

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Kaz! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very late to comment Kaz as I have been a bit out of it recently....off the boil so to speak. Getting back to normal I hope and deliberately sought out your blog to comment.
    This is such a beautiful piece of nostalgic art. Great combinations here and love the idea of the black stitching to frame your piece. Nice idea to add some bits of twig too.
    I love this and it has inspired me to get going again! Xx😜

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have definitely given the lovely lady new life amongst all that grungy with a touch of delicate texture . Fabulous piece Kaz
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx