Wednesday, 7 June 2017

Documented...

 Hello friends

Hope you are good!

Today I want to share with you a large ETCETERA tag
by Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous 
These tags are a base for any mixed media project and they come in various sizes. The tags are made from a Thickboard and are perfect for altering or collaging.
(They and all the other items used on this post are available from Art from the Heart here)
I love vintage and wanted to create an old vintage look.....
So I covered my tag with gesso then applied several layers of Rangers texture (opaque crackle) paste
When it had dried I applied distress paint using a dabber (ground expresso) wiping away away the paint with a wet wipe.

The centre piece (some grey board) was given the same treatment, but I also added 
distress grit paste through some stencils to add more texture. 
The photograph is from my own vintage collection, 
I then added some stitching, a circle of rusty wire, a rusty old key and some words from big chat/chit chat.  The butterflies are from Tim Holtz  Botanical ephemera set and I added number rub-ons. 
To finish I added a quote chip and some stars 
I hope you like the project....as always feel free to leave a comment, 
I appreciate each and everyone!
Have a lovely week!
Bye for now 

Kaz
x

11 comments:

  1. love (love) this, so very much! it is the best looking makings of old plaster i have seen. I love the feeling of care-worn-ness this leaves me inspired with. simply fabulous! - vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is...wow! What an amazing piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could look at this forever - it really is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning and so eye catching Kaz, just love the design and fabulous textures. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Kaz, the background is beautiful, love the texture and the butterflies are such a lovely touch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Kaz! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing details with a wonderful industrial grunge feel..........love it !!!

    TFS Kaz

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. An elegant tag done so nicely with those few colors. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Swoon...... this is absolutely stunning in every which way, Kaz. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. You have incredible talent x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is wonderful - love your treatment of this tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx